Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need a Passport to travel to Costa Rica? For entry into Costa Rica, you must present a valid passport and either a round-trip ticket or proof of onward travel to another country
- Do I need an international driver´s license to drive in Costa Rica? You are allowed to drive with your normal drivers license for three months.
- What is the currency in Costa Rica? The Costa Rican currency is called the Colon. However, US dollars are accepted throughout the country. Major credit cards are widely accepted. Visa & MasterCard preferred.
- What kind of inoculations do I have to take to Costa Rica? No vaccines are required to enter Costa Rica.
- What is the sales tax in Costa Rica? Sales tax is 13% but some other travel related taxes are 17%
- Should I rent a car? For a visit to Casa Jungua, a car rental (small SUV 4×4) is strongly recommended.
- What is the landscape of Costa Rica like? Don’t let Costa Rica’s small size fool you (it is about the same size as West Virginia); it is a vast country of dramatic rolling mountains, volcanoes, open farmland, coastline and lush river valleys.